How to Install
Download the target file to your Macintosh. Once downloaded, the Installer Disk Image will be mounted on your Desktop.
You will find the installer package icon on the desktop.
If you don't find the installer package icon, please extract the xxxxxxxx.dmg file manually with "Disk Utility". "Disk Utility " can be found in /Applications/Utilities.
"dmg" is called "disk image file". This needs " Disk Utility ". By using " Disk Utility ", the Installer Disk Image can be mounted.
- Double click the installer package icon. Follow the instructions on the screen.
- Switch off and unplug the product from the AC outlet and disconnect it from your Macintosh if you already connected an interface cable.
- Turn on your Macintosh.
Connect the USB interface cable to your Macintosh, and then connect it to the product.
Do not connect the product to a USB port on a keyboard or a non powered USB hub.
- Open the "Printer Setup Utility". The "Printer Setup Utility" can be found in /Applications/Utilities.
- Click Add Printer...
- Select "Default Browser".
- Select your machine.
- Select "Brother" from the "Print Using" list.
- Select your printer model's CUPS driver from "Model" list.
- The name of CUPS driver is "model name + CUPS v1.1". Click Add. The printer will be available from the "Printer List".
- Select Quit from the menu.
- The setup is now complete.
To help us improve our support, please provide your feedback below.
Step 1: How does the software on this page help you?
Step 2: If you have selected "Not helpful", choose from the following list that is close to your "Not helpful" reason. (multiple answers allowed)
Step 3: Are there any comments you would like to add?
Please note this form is used for feedback only.