PPD File (for BR-Script/Postscript Emulation)
How to Install
Download the PPD file.
Login as a superuser.
Check if pre-required procedures are completed
For Fedora10 64bit
Install the ppd file.
- ***Note For Ubuntu : Use "/usr/share/ppd" folder instead of "/usr/share/cups/model" folder.
- Turn on the printer and connect the usb or network cable to your device.
- Open the terminal and go to the directory where the ppd installer is.
Unzip the ppd installer.
Command : gunzip (ppd-installer-name)
Copy the ppd file to the folder CUPS refers.
Command : cp (ppd-filename) /usr/share/ppd
Set permissions for the ppd file.
Command : chmod 644 /usr/share/cups/model/(ppd-filename)
Command : chown root:root /usr/share/cups/model/(ppd-filename)
Command : /etc/init.d/cups restart
Configure your printer on the CUPS web interface.
(for USB Connection)
- Open a web browser and go to http://localhost:631/admin.
Click "Add Printer" and set the following parameters.
- Name of your printer device for Name and Description - Your printer device for Device - Brother for Make/Manufacturer Selection - Printer-driver's name for Model/Driver Selection
Check if the Device URI of your printer is "usb://Brother/(your printer's model name)"
If the device URI is different from the example above, please go to "Modify Printer Menu" to select proper device and driver.
- Open a web browser and go to http://localhost:631/printer.
Click "Modify Printer" and set following parameters.
- LPD/LPR Host or Printer for Device - lpd://(Your printer's IP address)/binary_p1 for Device URI - Brother for Make/Manufacturer Selection - Printer-driver's name for Model/Driver Selection
Try a test print.
Open a text editor, write something and select "print" form the menu.
Please refer the FAQ pages also for other information.
To help us improve our support, please provide your feedback below.
Step 1: How does the software on this page help you?
Step 2: If you have selected "Not helpful", choose from the following list that is close to your "Not helpful" reason. (multiple answers allowed)
Step 3: Are there any comments you would like to add?
Please note this form is used for feedback only.