Full Driver & Software Package (Recommended)
How to Install
- The instructions may vary depending on the Windows 7 version.
If the drivers are already installed into your computer, uninstall them first before you install the new driver.
To uninstall the current drivers, download the Uninstall Tool.
- You must be logged on as an Administrator.
- If the User Account Control dialog box appears, click Continue.
- If the Windows Security dialog box appears, check Always trust software from "Brother Industries, ltd.". and click Install.
- Disconnect your Brother machine from your computer if you already connected an interface cable.
- Make a temporary folder on your HDD [hard disk drive] as the location to save the downloaded self-extracting file, e.g. C:\brodnt
- Download the file to the temporary folder.
- Once the download is complete, open the folder and double click on the downloaded file to extract it. Then open the folder that is created.
- You will find multiple folders: "xxxx" (where xxxx = your model name) and "Data" in the folder created in Step 4.
- Open the "xxxx" (where xxxx = your model name) folder and double click "Setup.exe".
Select your language with reference to the language list and click "OK".
If the error message "An error occurred during the installation. ... ." appears, please make sure that you double click the "Setup.exe" in the correct folder in Step 6.
- The installation will start. Please follow the installation screen directions.
To help us improve our support, please provide your feedback below.
Step 1: How does the software on this page help you?
Step 2: If you have selected "Not helpful", choose from the following list that is close to your "Not helpful" reason. (multiple answers allowed)
Step 3: Are there any comments you would like to add?
Please note this form is used for feedback only.