How to Install
Download the target file to your Macintosh. Once downloaded, the Installer Disk Image will be mounted on your Desktop. You will find the installer package icon "xxxxxxxx.pkg" on the desktop.
If you don't find the installer package icon, please extract the downloaded file "xxxxxxxx.dmg" manually with the Macintosh "Disk Utility". The "Disk Utility " can be found in /Applications/Utilities. Using the "Disk Utility", the Installer Disk Image can be mounted.
Double click the installer package icon "xxxxxxxx.pkg". Follow the instructions on the screen.
If the warning dialog box appears, click OK to close it.
Click the "xxxxxxxx.pkg" file while holding the Control-key down and choose Open.
Click here for more information.
- Turn off and unplug the machine from the AC outlet and disconnect it from your Macintosh if you already connected an interface cable.
Connect the USB interface cable to your Macintosh, and then connect it to the machine.
Do not connect the machine to a USB port on a keyboard or a non-powered USB hub.
- Plug the AC power cord into an AC outlet. Turn on the machine.
- The printer driver will be installed automatically.
- You need to make sure if the installation of the printer driver is complete.
- Select "System Preferences" from the Apple Menu.
- Click the "Print & Scan" icon.
- Check if your Brother machine is displayed in the "Printers" section.
If your Brother machine is displayed, the setup is now complete.
If your Brother machine is not displayed, try to disconnect and connect the USB interface cable to your Macintosh again. And then repeat the steps 8 - 10 to check if the installation of the printer driver is complete.
To help us improve our support, please provide your feedback below.
Step 1: How does the software on this page help you?
Step 2: If you have selected "Not helpful", choose from the following list that is close to your "Not helpful" reason. (multiple answers allowed)
Step 3: Are there any comments you would like to add?
Please note this form is used for feedback only.