|Notes before downloading
- Please make sure that the machine you are going to update the firmware is not busy. Also, make sure that there is no data left in the machine memory when running the firmware update tool.
- Please check the following on your computer.
- Open Printer Properties and confirm that your printer is functioning correctly by printing a test page.
- Please close all applications and TSR's.
- If you are using a Windows XP SP2 Firewall or other Firewall software, disable it.
- It is not possible to update the firmware unless the following conditions are met on your machine.
- The machine is not scanning a document.
- The machine is not copying / or in copy settings (copy mode, number of copies, etc..).
- The machine is not in the Settings Menu.
- There's no error message on LCD panel.
- If you are using a Macintosh computer, Printer Driver or CUPS Printer Driver must be installed.
The following data will be deleted when you update the firmware.
- Network configuration
(Before updating the firmware, we recommend that you print the Printer settings page. After the firmware has been updated, please reconfigure the network settings. If you have problem printing documents with your machine, please turn the machine OFF and then back ON, and try to print again.)