|Notes before downloading
- Please make sure that the machine you are going to update the firmware is not busy. Also, make sure that there is no data left in the machine memory when running the firmware update tool.
- Please check the following on your computer.
- Open Printer Properties and confirm that your printer is functioning correctly by printing a test page.
- Please close all applications and TSR's.
- If you are using a Windows XP SP2 Firewall or other Firewall software, disable it.
- It is not possible to update the firmware unless the following conditions are met on your machine.
- FAX receive data does not exists in the memory of the machine. For instructions on how to check your memory is clear, please refer to the 'User's Guide'.
- FAX send data does not exists in the memory of the machine (timer sending job or retry job).
- There is no ICM (Incoming Message) voice data. For instructions on how to clear ICM, please refer to the 'User's Guide'.
- The machine is not calling or dialing FAX.
- The machine is not scanning a document.
- The machine is not copying / or in copy settings (copy mode, number of copies, etc..).
- There are no Media cards inserted into the machine.
- The machine is not in the Settings Menu.
- The telephone line is not busy. Disconnect your telephone line (to prevent any incoming calls).
- There's no error message on LCD panel.
- If you are using a Macintosh computer, Printer Driver or CUPS Printer Driver must be installed.
The following data will be deleted when you update the firmware.