Support & Downloads
Scanner driver install for network
Follow the 6 steps below to install a driver.
- Step 1. Login as a superuser ( or use "sudo" option if it is required )
- Step 2. Check if pre-required procedures are completed
- For Debian, Ubuntu
- Step 3. Download a driver.
- 3-1. Check which driver will work with your product. (Product information is written in the driver download page)
- 3-2. Download the driver
- Scanner Driver download page
- Step 4. Install the driver
- 4-1. Turn on your MFC/DCP and connect to the network.
- 4-2. Open the terminal and go to the directory where the driver is.
- 4-3. Install the scanner driver
- 4-4. Check if the driver is installed
- Step 5. Setting for your network scanner
***Use brsaneconfig (for brscan models), brsaneconfig2 (for brscan2 models), brsaneconfig3 (for brscan3 models) or brsaneconfig4 (for brscan4 models) accordingly.
- 5-1. Add network scanner entry
- Command : brsaneconfig2 -a name=(name your device) model=(model name) ip=xx.xx.xx.xx
- 5-2. Confirm network scanner entry
- Command : brsaneconfig2 -q | grep (name of your device)
- Step 6. Try a test scan
- 6-1. Open a scanner application and try a test scan.
- Install scanner driver (dpkg)
# dpkg -i brscan2-0.2.4-0.i386.deb Selecting previously deselected package brscan2. (Reading database ... 89034 files and directories currently installed.) Unpacking brscan2 (from brscan2-0.2.4-0.i386.deb) ... Setting up brscan2 (0.2.4) ... #
- check scanner driver (dpkg)
$ dpkg -l | grep Brother ii brscan2 0.2.4 Brother Scanner Driver $
- Install scanner driver (rpm)
# rpm -ihv brscan2-0.2.4-0.i386.rpm Preparing packages for installation... brscan2-0.2.4-0 #
- check scanner driver (rpm)
# rpm -qa | grep brscan2 brscan2-0.2.4-0 #
- Add network scanner entry
$ brsaneconfig2 -a name=SCANNER model=DCP-540CN ip=192.168.3.3 $
- Confirm network scanner entry
$ brsaneconfig2 -q | grep SCANNER 0 SCANNER "DCP-540CN" I:192.168.3.3 $