FAQs & Troubleshooting
These are the most viewed FAQs, ranked by popularity.
- 1.I installed the Full Driver & Software Package, but some applications were not installed. (For Windows® 10)
- 2.I'm using Windows®. When I try to Scan to E-mail I get an error saying "the command line argument is not valid. Verify the switch you are using". What should I do?
- 3.How to identify your Operating System (OS).
- 4.Share your Brother machine in Windows® 7 (Shared printer)
- 5.The error message "Invalid format for short nick name" appears when printing a document. (Mac OS® X 10.5 or greater)
Search by Keyword(s)
- Windows 10 Compatibility
If you upgrade from Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 to Windows 10, some features of the installed drivers and software may not work correctly. Please uninstall all drivers and software in Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 before upgrading to Windows 10.
If you are not able to print or scan after upgrading to Windows 10, reinstall the drivers by referring to the FAQ below.
> Click here to see how to reinstall the drivers.