I cannot install the printer driver because the installation stops after I connect the printer to my computer.
First, make sure that you:
- Turned the machine on after you connected it to the computer.
- Connected the machine directly to a USB port on the computer, without using any USB hubs.
If you still cannot complete the printer driver installation, use the Printer driver information cleanup tool. Use this tool to delete the registry information and all files related to the printer driver, before trying to install the printer driver again.
Do the following:
- Create a new folder on your C:\ disk drive and name it "PTSWEEP".
- Click here to download the Printer driver information cleanup tool
Double-click the downloaded file, click [Browse] to select the folder you created (C:\PTSWEEP), click [OK], and then click [Unzip].
When finished, click [OK].
Open the folder you created and double-click [ptsweep.exe]. Follow the on-screen instructions.
After restarting your computer, re-install the printer driver.
(For USB cable users: before restarting your computer, disconnect the USB cable.)
- If using the Brother P-touch, Label Printer, StampCreator, and Mobile Printer series, after using the tool re-install the drivers for the series that you use.
- If your machine's icon still remains in the Devices and Printers after running the tool, right-click the icon and delete it.
MW-100, MW-120, MW-140BT, MW-145BT, MW-260, PJ-522, PJ-523, PJ-562, PJ-563, PJ-622, PJ-623, PJ-662, PJ-663, PJ-673, PT-1230PC, PT-1500PC, PT-1650, PT-18R, PT-18RKT, PT-1950, PT-1960, PT-2100, PT-2110, PT-2300, PT-2310, PT-2430PC, PT-2600, PT-2610, PT-2700, PT-2710, PT-2730, PT-3600, PT-7600, PT-9200DX, PT-9200PC, PT-9500PC, PT-9600, PT-9700PC, PT-9800PCN, PT-D450, PT-D600, PT-E500, PT-E550W, PT-H500, PT-P700, PT-P750W, QL-1050, QL-1050N, QL-1060N, QL-500, QL-550, QL-570, QL-570VM, QL-580N, QL-650TD, QL-700, QL-710W, QL-720NW, RJ-3050, RJ-3150, RJ-4030, RJ-4040, RL-700S, SC-2000, SC-2000USB, TD-2020, TD-2120N, TD-2130N, TD-4000, TD-4100N